Old 22-09-2003, 03:08 AM
Jason Pope

Default Passion fruit - when to pick

David W.E. Roberts wrote:

If it's a Caerulea passionfruit, they'll stay orange!
Pick them when they are uniformly orange, the fruit doesn't taste to
good though!

Always struck me as wierd that the fruit of the passion flower is not
passion fruit.

[The again the Oak Apple is not the fruit of the Oak...]

Eh?
The Passion Fruit IS the fruit of the passion flower!
The flower comes before the fruit, regardless of whether it's an edible
variety or a more ornamental one.

The edible variety you get in the supermarket is the fruit of
Passiflora Edulis, the common orange ornamental ones, are the fruit of
the Blue Passionfruit or Passiflora Caerulea.

Cheers

Jason

--
Check out my ebay auctions for Passifora caerulea and edulis seeds
http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....sort=3&rows=50