Old 22-09-2003, 04:50 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default First time ponder, any thoughts for this design?

On 19 Sep 2003 08:13:36 -0700, (Josh) wrote:

My goal is to then dig a deeper one next to it for koi (in
the future) and link the two via underground PVC.

Do plan for this by putting it in place now, using the Bickal pipe boot and
just plug it till you need it. Used algae covered liner is very difficult
to work with. Bickal Pipe Boot and many other fine DYI ideas:
http://www.geocities.com/bickal2000/pond.htm

I dont get many leaves that land where the pond is, which
is why I chose that side of the yard, the vast majority of them are
blown into the front yard by the prevaling breeze.

Without a pond, yup, with a pond, every leaf in your yard and the
neighbors' from 3 blocks around will be in your pond. Ponds have a magnetic
pull that can attract and out compete 50 mph winds when it comes to debris
and leaves. So netting in the fall is very wise. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a