Old 22-09-2003, 05:03 AM
Paul

Default "daylight"

Hi I just bought a 110 gallon aquarium and the guy threw in a free fluro
tube for my light housing. I'm not sure of the brand name, but it's a 4
foot, 35watt, "daylight" model. another model made by this manufacturer is
called "coral blue". It says on the side of the packet that the light is
"for growing coral and other inverts, and brings out the full spectrum of
colours in your reef fish, can also be used for the accelerated growth of
plants". I have a 4 x 2 x 2 tank (2 feet deep) that I want to plant, but I
won't be able to plant too much cos I will have plant-eating african
cichlids in there.

so my question is, is this too much light, will I constantly be battling
algae? should I take it back and get something else, or will it actually
make my fish look nicer?