Old 22-09-2003, 09:33 AM
Martin Richards

Default Frost forecast, and green tomatoes still outside

So there's some rain forecast at last, but with frost for Wednesday, and
thanks to a rather late start, I've still got lots of unripe tomatoes in the
allotment. Some are that pale green, thinking about ripening colour, but
others are still very green. Should I just leave them and hope the frost
doesn't get them, or is it green tomato chutney time?

I guess the same question applies to the pumpkins (or what ever they are -
they're not orange!) and spuds (green tops, showing no signs of yellowing
yet)

Thanks

Martin