Old 22-09-2003, 03:03 PM
PK

Default Wisteria woes...

David wrote:

I'd really appreciate advice from you experts on what to do next. I
want to reattach it to the wall, properly this time, and encourage it
to regrow. I'd thought of screwing large eyes into the wall, and
attaching long horizontal rails of thick galvanised wire, right
accross the front of the house - does that sound OK? How far apart
would the rails need to be? Should I be cutting back the existing
plant any more than I already have?

don't cut back any more.

Don't use vine eyes - none are strong enough for that size of plant esp as
you will need to haul the weight of the plant up against them. Use expanding
eye-bolts (any hardwarestore shoul have them) these will provide a much
stronger anchorage.

I did excacly this for a client about this time of year two years ago when
they painted their house.

pk