Old 22-09-2003, 03:23 PM
Graham Anstey

Default Chainsaw training

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:24:25 +0100, "Howard Neil" hneil@REMOVE TO
REPLY.co.uk wrote:

"Nick Upson" wrote in message
I'm considering being trained for occasional general chainsaw use.

Very good idea. Find your local agricultural college and ask there. For
other suggestions, I am sure Simon Avery will be along soon and he will know
of any other options.

Don't know of anywhere in your area, but make sure that the training
is to LANTRA standards. I did mine a month or so back via the South
West Forest where the cost was subsidised for qualifying applicants. I
found my local agricultural college to be way beyond my budget. You
could try contacting your local wildlife trust to see if they know of
any subsidised routes.

Good luck
Graham
--
Any views expressed are not necessarily those of my employer