Old 22-09-2003, 03:23 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default Paraffin Heaters

The message
from se (Stuart Robinson) contains these words:

Anyone in here have experience of using Paraffin heaters in a small shed ?

Many of us, I'd guess.

Do heaters such as the Paresene Super 10 or BIG Red Heater 591A smell much
?

Never heard of either. Paraffin heaters which rely on a wick usually
smell unless you keep the wick trimmed scrupulously, and don't buy cheap
(!?) paraffin. You can improve the paraffin by adding one mothball per
gallon.

What sort of heat do they put out, KWhours equivalent or BTUs ?

Not a great deal. Fractions of a KW/Hr, I'd estimate.

--
Rusty Hinge
No m'lud, it wasn't a sneg. My joints creak.