Old 22-09-2003, 03:33 PM
Robert

Default Early frost due???

: The Met Office is promising -1C minimum for Tuesday here
: http://www.metoffice.com/weather/eur...heltenham.html
: and BBC reckons -3C
:
: Frost isn't usual until early October. Since I'm well into town, I
: wonder if I'll escape frost tonight?
:
: Anyway, in the garden, should this be a cue to DO SOMETHING with this
: list of plants and if so, what?
:
: Tomatoes - Pick them, they'll go soon enough in the cold
: Courgettes - pick what you have ready and hope for the best but they will
die with a frost
: Tomatillos ?
: Runner Beans - Just picked another couple lbs, expect the wind and cold to
finish them off
: French Beans ?
: Raspberries - no problem, presume you are cutting out old wood if they are
not autumn fruiting
: Lettuce - cover with cloches to prolong
:
: Steve Harris - Cheltenham - Real address steve AT netservs DOT com