Old 22-09-2003, 05:42 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default Pepper problem: No heat!

(Carol Hill) wrote:

how many varieties of peppers & how close to each other. the reason i
ask is that 1 year i grew sweet and hot next to each other and ended up
with hot sweet and sweet hot , i suspect they may have cross pollenated
(if there is such a happening) anybody recall stuff of this nature?

I grew three varieties on one trough container. They grew into
eachother. Jalapeno - Anaheim - Cayenne. THe Jalapeno were fiery hot,
the anaheim were nothing, and the cayennes were not as hot as
expected. I think the jalapenos were just about as hot. Although I let
the cayenne ripen to red, while the jalapenos were green. Ripening
usually sweetens the flavor which can mask some of the heat.
DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
1st Year Gardener