Old 22-09-2003, 07:12 PM
Jo Cohen

Default New homeowner

"Ermalina" wrote in message
Jo Cohen wrote:

Hi folks!

I am a single female who just bought my first home....and I need to

buy a
lawnmower. It's been suggested that I buy an electric start,

self-propelled
one. I currently have a used Honda with pull-start, that doesn't seem

want to start or stay started. A neighbor told me it probably wasn't

worth
fixing, and another male friend said it might be as simple as an air

filter
or spark plug (it hadn't been used in a few years).

Can anyone recommend what type of new one would be good, easy to use,

and
the best place to buy it (i.e., Sears vs. Home Despot?!)

Also, I think I will need some sort of edger for where I can't get with

the
lawnmower. Recommendations that are not *too* expensive?

Thanks!

Jo

Check out the Toro SuperRecycler (cast aluminum deck for durability)
with Personal Pace (no fiddling with gears and it keeps up with you
rather than vice versa.

Whatever you get, I'd recommend going to a local dealer rather than a
department or big box store like Home Depot -- better, more
knowledgeable customer service.

Good point, but aren't they much more expensive?

Thanks, Jo