Old 22-09-2003, 10:21 PM
Robbin

Default Scrub oak?

"Arroyo" wrote in message
om...
Could anyone tell me how to tell the difference between "Scrub Oaks"
and Live or Post Oaks? We have an awful lot of what most people call
scrub and tell us to take them out as they'll never amount to
anything! Some of them are 15-20' already and to me they look
identical to the ones people call Post Oaks, so I guess I just dont
get it . I have never seen reference to "Scrub" in any of our books,
are they just young oaks?

If you do a search for "scrub oak" on google, there are a number of
different trees that are called this. My grandfather used to call any small
oak a "scrub oak" on his farm. It would help in identification if you could
take some pictures of the trees, leaves, etc and post a link to the photos
here. There are a number of oaks which grow in Texas which usually stay
smaller and could be referred to by the oldtimers as scrub oak.