Old 22-09-2003, 10:21 PM
dt

Default Fire Ant Control

Shyamal Mitra wrote:

Hi,

This may have come up in the newsgroup earlier. What is the
safest way of getting rid of fire ants? BTW how do I access
the archives for this newsgroup? Thanks.

Regards,

Shyamal

Easiest way to access the archives is google: http://tinyurl.com/o9sy .
Type "fire ant" and choose "Search only in austin.gardening" .

Personally, I've spread some Logic, which is like birth control for fire
ants. If you're having trouble with them in one particular place, you
might try mixing brown sugar and boric acid 50/50. (If you can't find
"boric acid", look for "RoachPrufe"; same thing.) Put some in a bottle
cap or jar lid; the ants seem to like it better if you put just a drop
or two of water on it.

Good luck!

Dale