Old 22-09-2003, 10:47 PM
chris

Default gardens to visit in winter Northern UK

Well I finally went to Wallington Walled Garden in Northumberland.

Why can't I get my garden to look like that...

Very nice place, look forward to seeing the house open next year(with
house closed why was entry still full price?), great forest walk, nice
coffee and cakes in the expensive as usual cafe you get in these
places. People on site very polite freindly and informative.

Plant sales pretty naff, maybe they dont know you can still plant in
the Autumn.

Just a shame the National Trust's web site had the wrong date for the
Conservation Event(they said 21st on the site but it was in fact the
20th so we missed it..bummer..).

Fab action man type play area in the forest.

Caught sight of some squirrels.

Stole some sunflower seeds..they were on the ground..honest officer.

Cool Walled Garden, lots of plant, shame I could only get into one of
the three conservatories. The one I did get into was small but totally
packed out with some very nice plant.

All in all, a great place, better in some ways than Belsay Hall which
is just down the road.

Look forward to going in the spring next year....

Chris