Old 23-09-2003, 12:10 AM
Kenni Judd

Default READ THIS ,spam mail off the newsgroup

Still not a perfect world, but so far I highly recommend the Norton Internet
Security 2004 package. It's catching 99% of the spam [as opposed to the
about 5% that my Message Rules were catching], and has only caught 1
"non-spam" so far -- and that one was "marginal" [a message from e-bay,
technically not spam since I do have an account there and they actually had
a question ...]. I have been sending the spam in batches to my ISP's
reporting service at , every few hours as they
pile up; don't have time to track down every one to report it to THEIR ISP
[I'd be doing _nothing_ else and still getting behind _just_ on that!].

The software has also advised me of a number of attempted "intrusions," and
those I _have_ tracked down and reported to the appropriate ISP
administrators. If these were people trying to get in and steal my address
book to spam everyone in it, then I'm sorry I didn't install this much
earlier!

In addition, I visited several websites today [looking for more ways to deal
with these issues -- found lots but most were beyond my technical
capabilities], during which travel it helped me reject a PILE of unwanted
cookies & blocked 100+ ads, and, when I finished and ran Ad-Aware, I
actually had 0 new components to delete!

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com