Old 23-09-2003, 01:06 AM
Ted Byers

Default READ THIS ,spam mail off the newsgroup

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
.. .
Still not a perfect world, but so far I highly recommend the Norton

Internet
Security 2004 package. It's catching 99% of the spam [as opposed to the
about 5% that my Message Rules were catching], and has only caught 1
"non-spam" so far -- and that one was "marginal" [a message from e-bay,
technically not spam since I do have an account there and they actually

had
a question ...]. I have been sending the spam in batches to my ISP's

Is NIS2004 really out already? I have NIS2003, and it has caught all the
viruses attached to the SPAM messages, but it hasn't stopped the SPAM. And
Sympatico's anti-spam service on their mail server catches less than 1% of
the SPAM: hardly a stellar performance. :-(

What did you do to get it to stop the SPAM? I have looked and haven't seen
any settings for dealing with SPAM.

Cheers,

Ted