Old 23-09-2003, 01:44 AM
Alan Walker

Default [IBC] club funds

Peter: I hope you and your club are members of Bonsai Clubs International. BCI has
a great little booklet full of ideas for program activities and fund raising.
"Handbook of Program and Activity Ideas for Bonsai Clubs" is a 60 page, 8
1/2 x 11 inch, spiral bound booklet which includes information on planning a
program, presenting slide and video programs, listing of many program ideas for
clubs as well as a listing of many activities for clubs, considerations in
sponsoring a public exhibition of bonsai, ways and means activities, club bulletins
and newsletters, an outline for a child's bonsai workshop and a bonsai basic
teacher's guide. Available for US$12.00 ppd, you can find and order it at:
http://bonsai-bci.com/products.html#anchor1287948 or e-mail Dave Radlinski to order
it at .
I've found that clubs which use their treasury are those which tend to have
the most treasury to use. An active program, as you have figured out, is the key to
a healthy club.
Alan Walker
http://bonsai-bci.com
===============
"Peter K." wrote:
I belong to a local bonsai club. Just wondering if anyone has any good
ideas to boost the clubs funds. We never have any new speakers, only club
members. I would like to find some ways to make money for the club (aside
from raising dues) so we could do more and get some new speakers in. Any
suggestions welcome.
--
Peter Kulibert zone 4a/5b

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++