Old 23-09-2003, 02:24 AM
jduprie

Default Fertilizer Tabs w/ Under Gravel Setup?

the clay pot idea is what I do. I use the "saucers" (don't know what else to
call them) that go under the pots. They make nice flat planting areas for
the aquarium, and are easy to hide under gravel. Been using this set up for
about 3 months now, with a jobes spike in each saucer. The plants are happy,
and the fish are doing good too. The nitrates are still a bit high compared
to before I planted, but it doesn't seemt ot bother the fish any...
--JD

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message
You are right in the sense that UGF's generally break down the tab and
distribute it thru the water column.... is that too rich for fish, no...

It
can lead to some algae IF, the water is already rich with ferts.... but
generally, it's ok, and needed for heavy root feeders like amazon

swords...

suggestion that I'm working on, is to take a clay pot, put some gravel and

tab into it and plant the sword in the pot, easy to move, fert and looked
ok...

"Zion Hill" wrote in message
Hi,

Can you use Planttabs tablets or Flourish Tabs with an under-gravel

setup?
Would it make the whole water environment too rich for the fish due to

the
circulation?

Thanks