Old 23-09-2003, 03:10 AM
PK

Default another leylandii question

David @chapelllhouse.demon.co.uk wrote:

In my opinion Leylandii are nothing to look at and I suppose people
buy them as a cheap option.

No its the fast growth that attracts them, they're not particularly
cheap as "hedging" plants go and FWIW I like the effect especially in
winter when everything else is brown.

Struggling a bit there aren't you?

1. they are a very cheap way of getting a quick hedge from small plants. And
size for size are much cheaper than other hedge plants as semi mature
specimens.

2. Everything else is brown? Gosh it must be cold in your part of the
country if yew, holly, laurel, and all the other less aggressively growing
conifers go brown and only leylandii stays green.

pk