Old 23-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Frank Logullo

Default found this in pictures newsgroup

"Madgardener" wrote in message
Take a look at the page referred to by the URL:

It explains why there has been so much lately. The scoundrel responsible
has been particularly clever in using it to harvest names and addresses

from
the Usenet newsgroups, both to target as recipients of the SPAM and to
generate phony return addresses, and it appears to generate enough
variability in both the subject header and the name of the attachment
containing the worm that, at least my ISP's, anti-spam system doesn't

catch
but a tiny fraction of it.

The good news it that Norton's antivirus software recognizes it and

protects
from infection. I have received thousands of these things and still my
system remains uncontaminated! Now, if only we could track down the
worthless *******(s) responsible for this, so we can obtain a little
justice!

I use Mailwasher (it's free) and munge my email address. Mailwasher just
downloads header and has option of bouncing mail back like a Telezapper.
Unfortunately most of these addresses are fake. Think it helps a little.
These spammers and virus spreaders should do serious jail time.
Frank