Old 23-09-2003, 05:02 PM
KenCo

Default No more viruses

pixi wrote:

Another thing. I often get "updates" from Windows via the internet. Why
can't they semd the anti virus patches in the same way. Or have they?

Or are they really updates from Windows? although I had a problem with my
Autorun and was on the phone with Dell for well over an hour. (Their
nickle, not mine.) And they assured me that I absolutely did not have a
virus.

M$ never mails updates and your supposed to use
"windows update" and thats a joke if you order
a "service pack" CD like I do and it wants to
install everything again

"pixi" wrote in message
I am certainly in favor of more stringent laws. There must be something

out
there in the U.S. to slow the hackers, etc. down.

A month or so ago a hacker was trying to get into my computer for reasons
unknown to me. I reported him (Or her) to Norton who wrote back and said
they could do nothing because it was coming from Asia.

So our laws would not affect those from other countries.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced