Old 23-09-2003, 06:12 PM
simy1

Default Frugal silk plants? Or real house plants?

wrote in message . ..
I don't have any fake plants. Buy plants what require very little
care.

OK.... might do that since fake plants seem
outrageously expensive.... especially at the size I
need. You see.... I have some corners and space that i
need to 'fill" up so as to not make my apt look so
barren.

Tell me..... what abt Bamboo Palm or something called
the Peace Lily? Or what abt Spider plants?

Are these plants that can take "abuse" and low light
levels??
-

If replying via email please use:

morris63401 at yahoo dot com

I have over thirty houseplants (like to have good air quality during
the long winters here). Here is my experience

low light tolerance: sansevieria, peace lily, dark dracaenas, and
pothos. Schefflera has some tolerance, and I also have another plant
whose name escapes me that tolerates low loght rather well
drought tolerance: sansevieria, light dracaenas, some palms, rubber
plant, aloe, and schefflera

You can keep healthy plants indefinitely if you put them outside in
the summer, in partial sun or bright shade. some burn in full sun, but
sansevieria, schefflera, palms or rubber plant take full sun. Once you
have a few, it will be easy to propagate and divide them, and get more
of the same.