Old 23-09-2003, 06:44 PM
anne

Default Early frost due???

Kay Easton wrote in message
In article , anne
writes

The following is true (I'm a sad soul). At the beginning of the year I

did a
small experiment noting forecasts and noting what actually happened for

my
city over 3 weeks (I got bored after 3 weeks). I collected each forecast

for
the following day only, no long range stuff. The three sites were

Yahooo,
UK Weather.com and the Met Office. Yahoo had something like a 30%

accuracy,
UK Weather.com were about 40% I think and the Met Office came out tops

with
60 something %. I wish I'd kept the figures now. My conclusion was, it's
best to look out of the window :-) And... my goodness are they getting

paid
for this??!

Apparently the chance of being right if you forecast tomorrow's weather
as being the same as today's is 67%

Goodness! I'll begin an experiment tomorrow ;-)

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: