Old 24-09-2003, 03:05 AM
pixi

Default No more viruses

These are not e-mails. They appear from time as a message saying that they
are Windows updates. And this has been going on for a couple of years. As
far as I know, these are legitimate and I apparently do not have a virus.

If so, both Norton and McAfee failed to detect them, as did one on the
Internet which I think was called Trend.

Thanks for the advice anyway.
"Steve Yeung" wrote in message
DELETE THE EMAIL !!! Microsoft do not send updates through email. Some one
is sending you a virus disguised as Microsoft updates.

"pixi" wrote in message
Another thing. I often get "updates" from Windows via the internet.

Why
can't they semd the anti virus patches in the same way. Or have they?

Or are they really updates from Windows? although I had a problem with

my
Autorun and was on the phone with Dell for well over an hour. (Their
nickle, not mine.) And they assured me that I absolutely did not have a
virus.

"pixi" wrote in message
I am certainly in favor of more stringent laws. There must be

something
out
there in the U.S. to slow the hackers, etc. down.

A month or so ago a hacker was trying to get into my computer for

reasons
unknown to me. I reported him (Or her) to Norton who wrote back and

said
they could do nothing because it was coming from Asia.

So our laws would not affect those from other countries.