Old 24-09-2003, 03:20 AM
endeitz

Default What to do with limestone

Question:

I spent the first year of having a home digging (chipping, picking,
cursing, prying) out a small 10' x 20' area in my back yard in which to
plant a veggie garden. I have spent the next three years gazing at the
huge pile of dirty grey limestone rocks (from 5lbs to 250lbs) sitting in a
corner. If I had to do it over again, being older and marginally wiser, I
would simply buy dirt and build raised beds (and I may still). Anyone have
any idea what to do with all of those rocks? I could haul them to the
landfill, I guess. I'm in NW Austin. Anyone know where the nearest
landfill is (with weekend hours)? Would anyone want this stone? They
aren't very pretty to my eye.

Cheers,

Ed.