Old 24-09-2003, 07:03 AM
Jock

Default Lilly Pilly Surface Roots

Add 3 inches of soil or get him a stackhat and kneepads. Children learn
where not to trip. Roots are the things that secure your tree's water
intake, nutrient intake and physically secure it to the ground. Leave the
roots alone unless you wanna risk injury to the tree.
Jock
"John & Angela Cran" wrote in message
u...
Hi there

I'm hoping someone can help with a problem.
I have the biggest LillyPilly I have ever seen in my backyard.(Brisbane)
Lovely shade etc but the surface roots are a massive problem.
I am wanting to know if I limit these roots will that effect the tree..

(you
know let it fall over faster..)
Want I am thinking of doing is marking a circle around the tree.
installing some sort of barrier and digging up all the roots outside of

the
barrier.

Will this work or any other advice is much appreciated as I don't want to
remove the tree.

Thanks
John

BTW I haven't bothered with this in the past but as my little boy is
starting to walk I don't want him tripping over the roots.