Old 24-09-2003, 07:14 AM
Terry Horton

Default Scrub oak?

On 22 Sep 2003 05:47:37 -0700, (Arroyo) wrote:

Could anyone tell me how to tell the difference between "Scrub Oaks"
and Live or Post Oaks? We have an awful lot of what most people call
scrub and tell us to take them out as they'll never amount to
anything! Some of them are 15-20' already and to me they look
identical to the ones people call Post Oaks, so I guess I just dont
get it . I have never seen reference to "Scrub" in any of our books,
are they just young oaks?

We are obvious amatures but really dont like taking out trees, ANY
trees, so we would love more input..

The name has been applied to various thicket-forming oak. Flip
through the Quercus at this TAMU site until you find the "scrub oak"
that fits yours:
http://tinyurl.com/ogly