Old 24-09-2003, 08:03 AM
Gene

Default No more viruses

I agree with you. I hate when they dont use the terms correctly.
When I tell people that I was hacking around with my computer they think
I'm breaking into somebody's computer and that is when I have to correct
them. It drives me nuts when I have to keep correcting people.

Rich Conley wrote:
Please, use the terms correctly. I hate seeing the term hacker being thrown
around with negative connotations.

The term hacker simply means anyone who alters something to make it do something
other than it was designed for. So when you use a trash barrel for a
filter..your a hacker.

The proper term for a malicious hacker is a cracker....

sorry, I consider myself a hacker (computer and otherwise)...
So, I hate seeing people and the media putting negative connotations on the
word.

Rich

pixi wrote:

I am certainly in favor of more stringent laws. There must be something out
there in the U.S. to slow the hackers, etc. down.

A month or so ago a hacker was trying to get into my computer for reasons
unknown to me. I reported him (Or her) to Norton who wrote back and said
they could do nothing because it was coming from Asia.

So our laws would not affect those from other countries.