Old 24-09-2003, 12:35 PM
Martin Sykes

Default Early frost due???

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
In article ,
(Franz Heymann) wrote:

I doubt if they run millions of simulations for one situation. If
they did, it might take them a year to produce tomorrow's forecast

They have quite powerful computers these days and lots of them.

I checked it out. The following MET Office page says they run 51 in total
( the base case and 50 similar versions ). It also explains a bit about how
they combine the results.

Incidentally, I haven't done anything in the garden except mow the lawn for
the last 2 months due to back problems. In some parts now, chaos is very
much relevent.

http://www.meto.gov.uk/research/nwp/...9/predict.html

--
Martin & Anna Sykes