Old 24-09-2003, 02:12 PM
Shiva

Default Support for a climbing rose.

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:15:04 GMT, Gideon Singer
wrote:

I am in Vancouver BC and the rose is climbing on one side of the
fence. AS to what rose it is ??? all I know is that it has smallish
white blooms and is tolerant of shade.

I see. Your climate is certainly good for roses, from what I
understand. And lucky you to find a shade-tolerant rose.

I asked about what side of the fence because I have enjoyed most the
climbers I have allowed to just mound over my fences on both sides.
They require no tethering at all. But I have ugly chainlink fences,
great for covering this way. A larger, solid privacy type fence
wouldn't be good for this.