Old 24-09-2003, 07:02 PM
ajr

Default ripening chillis

"adrianfoden" wrote in message
I was expecting them to be hot this year, as the plant is positioned in

'sun trap' and, as I'm sure you know, it has been hot most days since
June/July. Last year when the weather was a lot milder they were a lot
'warmer' - not hot, hot - but very peppery. This year, however, they

are
VERY bland.

There's plenty of factors that impact on he heat development, Sun being

just
one of them. If yours aren't quite as hot as you'd expect it could also be
watering (a little water stress actually helps) or nutrient

That's interesting - I assume that 'water stress' means drought in laymans
terms!? :-)

This year the plant was very well looked after, watered daily etc, where as
last year it was left to its own resources.