Old 24-09-2003, 09:02 PM
GrlIntrpted

Default Does anyone not like The Orchid Thief?

I loved both books, didn't really care for the movie though it was okay as a
tale of it's own!
The only parts about the movie that I thought somewhat decent, were the
dialogues between Nicholas Cage and his twin brother.
Some really good food for thought.

Mariana

"profpam" wrote in message ...
I guess I am one of the few, who really enjoyed the book, the Orchid
Thief, and was highly disappointed in the movie -- other than for Chris
Cooper's role -- because the plot was undeveloped and did not follow the
book. Perhaps, I am misinterpreting the movie; however, I would say
that the producer appeared to have a disdain for both orchids and orchid
people.

Incidentally, I also enjoyed Orchid Fever by Eric Hansen.

. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

---------------------
Kenni Judd wrote:

I guess all 100 of us post here -- I, too, am an avid reader, but I had

work hard to finish that one.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
Sarah,

You and Doris were 2 of about 100 people in the world who did not like

the
book... we are sorry to hear of your pain and suffering.

Mick

"Sarah Huff" wrote in message
. ..
Hi all! Is there anyone out there who, like me, did not like Susan

Orleans'
book The Orchid Thief? I disliked it so much that I didn't bother

finishing
it. I thought Eric Hansen's book Orchid Fever was much better.

Just curious.

Sarah