Old 24-09-2003, 09:02 PM
RedForeman ©®

Default calcium deficiency

can only speak of marine aquariums, but they put iodine in to help with
shells, I wonder if it would work on freshwater.. I too have MTS that are
turning white at the point, but in a tank at work, there are no white tips
to speak of... that's where the snails came from anyway.... so old age may
be right....

btw, can iodine be put into a freshwater aquarium??

"Darren" wrote in message
m...
i have maybe a dozen snails in my heavily planted fish tank, and all have
very thin shells with white encrusting spots on their shells. is this a
sign of a Ca deficiency? the local water supply reported the our water

has
a range of 4-31ppm Ca; how is this level?

tai, darren