Old 24-09-2003, 10:43 PM
Greg Rice

Default Which mower would be the best choice?

Lawn boy probably has a better record for lasting a long time. You should
expect a mower to last 15 years or longer.

I live in Florida where mowing is hard on mowers - length of mowing season,
lots of sand to wear down blades, get into engine - however I can envision
other location where "things" can be real hard on mowers - such as rocks,
heat, etc. You just need to annually fix-up the mower with an oil/filter
change and new blades if you need them. After about ten years you may need
to rebuild the carburetor ($20), maybe replace some wheels, etc.

So your per year cost of owning a mower is pretty low - even if you spend
$500.

"RF" wrote in message
I have a small yard with a slight slope in the back, and am looking for an
inexpensive mower. The two listed are at a local store for the same price,
however, the Yard-Man comes with a bag & the lawn boy wants 70.00 more for
the bag. Which would be the best choice?

Thanks,
RF

http://r3.us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http:...product.gsp/rm
ivars%3ftarget=_top?cat=4091&dept=5428&product_id= 2077728&path=0%3A5428%3A40
91%3A4890

or