Old 29-01-2003, 12:30 AM
A guy named Emil

Default 30 Roses To Start A Garden With

Emil wrote:

Bob Bauer wrote:

1-Mr. Lincoln (how can you go wrong with Mr. Lincoln?!)

Ya really wanna know? It grows too straight up without branching out
and in the hot sun is more of a purple rose than a red one. But it
does smell great when it first opens. The two red roses that I would
recommend besides 'Veteran's Honor' are 'Precious Platinum' and
'National Trust'.

Ya, but I still think it's a classic. But that's just my humble opinion. :-)

2-Chrysler Imperial

Definite classic

Yup, one of my best growers.

3-Love & Peace

Last years AARS winner, I'd better get it.

Beautiful rose, colors are just lovely.

4-Brandy

I can totally agree with this one.

I was going to buy the rose tree version last year. But at $35.00 it was a
little to much. I bought the bare root rose this year, and it's growing nicely.
:-) knock on wood

5-Love

Looks great to start with, but then opens up to an ugly finish.

I like how it finishes.

6-Bewitched

Another old classic goodie.

Agreed.