Old 25-09-2003, 12:12 AM
Jane VR

Default Lilly Pilly Surface Roots

John & Angela Cran wrote:
Hi there

I'm hoping someone can help with a problem.
I have the biggest LillyPilly I have ever seen in my backyard.(Brisbane)
Lovely shade etc but the surface roots are a massive problem.
I am wanting to know if I limit these roots will that effect the tree.. (you
know let it fall over faster..)
Want I am thinking of doing is marking a circle around the tree.
installing some sort of barrier and digging up all the roots outside of the
barrier.

Will this work or any other advice is much appreciated as I don't want to
remove the tree.

Thanks
John

BTW I haven't bothered with this in the past but as my little boy is
starting to walk I don't want him tripping over the roots.

I think there's a good chance you'd kill the tree as the roots probably
go well beyond the drip line.

Jane