Old 25-09-2003, 04:46 AM
jabee

Default What to do with limestone

OSPAM (Gary Brady) wrote in message ...
Anyone have any idea what to do with all of those rocks? I could haul them to

the
landfill, I guess. I'm in NW Austin. Anyone know where the nearest
landfill is (with weekend hours)? Would anyone want this stone? They aren't

very pretty to my eye.

I'd advertise the rocks in the austin.forsale as "Fill Rocks-FREE-Will Help
Load".

Gary Brady
Austin, TX

Build a raised bed, terrace a slope, ease seasonal drainage with a
drycreek bed, create a path, create a pad for boat..that's what I did
with my rocks out in Lago Vista. The neighbors first thought I was
nuts but then volunteered the rocks in their yards, a symbiotic
relationship.

The boat pad was a fluke. I kept throwing the small, gravel size ones
to the outer side of the driveway, joking that I needed to have a
place to park my (nonexistant) boat. The next year the pile had grown
to a good size when a friend offered to sell his sailboat cheap.
Voila! I had the required pad ready. Build it and they will come.