Old 25-09-2003, 05:42 AM
endeitz

Default Soil recommendations?

I have used the "growers mix" from Austin Landscape Supplies to good
effect.

http://www.als.citysearch.com/

Does anyone else have experience with ALS? I'm not an expert on organic
growing or anything, so I can't really vouch for them in that regard.

A side note: I think that Dillo Dirt contains municipal sludge so it is
not recommended for growing edibles (you'd be amazed at what people put
down the drain.)

Cheers,

Ed.

"busry" wrote in
:

I have a couple of 4x4 frames of landscape timbers and wanted to get
some soil to fill them to start a garden. I figured a truckload of
soil would be pcheaper than filling them with bags of dillo dirt from
home depot. Can anyone recommend a place in Central Austin where I
can get a truckload of soil? How much can I expect to pay for it? Any
leftover will be spread on my lawn.