Old 25-09-2003, 07:32 AM
Tricia

Default Propagating Camellias

Jeßus wrote:
:: Hi,
:: I'm new to the wonderful world of temperate climate gardening...
::
:: I have a really nice old camellia here that I'd like to propagate,
:: are there any specific techniques that work particularly well with
:: Camellias?
:: I this a good time of year for this?
::
:: Also, although I am unlikely to attempt it, how tolerant are they to
:: transplanting? The one in question is a good 7ft high... so I
:: imagine it would require quite a pretty huge root ball.
:: TIA,
::
:: --
:: Jeßus

Can't help you with the propagating but transplanting yes! They transfer
really well the hardest part is being able to move it - would require a few
people but they transfer even in old age. Recently moved two ourselves,
knocks them back for one season but after that away it goes again.

--
Tricia
23109810