Old 25-09-2003, 07:42 AM
Mike

Default Support for a climbing rose.

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003, Gideon Singer wrote:
I have a large climbing rose on my 8ft solid back fence that has come
crashing down due to the support wires rusting thru. Is there a good
way to support a rose on a fence without the use of a trellis?

You can use fence staples and garden ties. Both are readily available at
any hardware or home improvement store. Cheap, easy, effective, and
practically invisible. It allows you to place support exactly where it's
needed, and it's very easy to add or replace support as needed. I've been
doing this for several years and it works great.

Mike