Old 25-09-2003, 08:03 AM
Christopher Norton

Default ripening chillis

The message

Jalapenos? They are scarcely hotter than many "sweet" peppers!

Yes, I can imagine variation within them - there is a chance that
the commercial strains have been bred for the wimpish USA market.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

The nation that brought us the chilli cookoff? I`ve had it on good
authority that chilli is somewhat of a national culture especially down
near the border with mexico. However, I do not have first hand knowledge
on this.

I think it was you Nick that said you were disappointed with Hab`s? My
only time of growing them were described as eating fire so you may wish
to class yourself as having an asbestos mouth. 8-))

--
email farmer chris on

Please don`t use
as it`s a spam haven.