Old 25-09-2003, 10:03 AM
Philippe Gautier

Default Lawnmower advice

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:48 +0100 (BST), Steve Harris wrote:

Choice of mower? It's about 10 sq m of mainly shaded lawn.

10 sq m as in a bit of land 2m wide and 5m long or a bit of land 10m
each side. Either way even the largest size isn't that big and
assuming you are moderatly able I'd go for a cylinder push. This will
give you the nice stripes (if you like that sort of thing) and a
little bit of excercise as well.

I'll second that. my lawn is 9m x 6m and I am perfectly happy with my
cylinder push. I was actually pleasantly surprised when I bought it
(it's a Ginge/Al-ko 28 cm, bought for £6)). I had the vague memory of
some old rusted mower very hard to push, but this is really easy and quick.

Philippe