Old 25-09-2003, 01:22 PM
Martin Sykes

Default OT Printers

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1g1uesl.58vuifu6xmniN%00senetnospamtodayta@ma cunlimited.net...
Interested in this... DO you use it for labels? How do they stand up
to the sunlight and weather tests etc? Eg leaving out in bright sun for
year or more..

Do they do Durabrite inks for any of their other printers d'ya know?

Only thing I've found so far thats printed and that won't fade is normal
acetate through a copier or laser but its clear not opaque (no one seems
to make opaque or coloured acetate for printing)

Incidentally prices for the C82 are about the same at PC World..

Lasts forever though.

ALPS used to make a thrmal solid ink printer that looked promising but
they went bust I think;-(
//
Jim

I haven't had it long so I can't verify the durability of the colours and I
only use it for printing photos from a digital camera. The inks are
completely different to normal inks in that they dry on the surface of the
paper and don't soak in at all. I read a review somewhere where they printed
a picture then put the paper straight underwater until it was soaked.
Apparenty the paper was vary soggy but the ink didn't run at all.

I think there is a new C84 which prpbably uses the same ink, but no other
printers use this ink that I know of.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes