Old 25-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Gene Schurg

Default Going on vacation - crazy?

Why not try this:

Fill the bathtub with a couple of inches of water. You may have to put
plastic wrap over the plug to keep it from leaking out. Water your mounts
well and suspend them over the bathtub. Close the shower curtain to keep
the humidity captured around the plants. Close the bathroom door too to
keep the air from leaving the bathroom.

The plants should be happy for a week or so with the humidity. The lower
light would keep their need for water lower.

To suspend the plants use broom sticks or other poles across the tub.

Good growing,
Gene

"House of Paisley" wrote in message
Okay... I'm nervous witless. My husband and I will be planning
to go to a wedding out of state, and I'll need someone to come
in and kill... er - sit my plants. I think most things will be okay
for a couple of days, but am very worried about my mounts,
which have gotten bigger in numbers. Since I don't have a green
house- only a sunroom I'm thinking of rigging a rack in the
bathroom and just having them come in a steam the room up
for a little while. If I did have a greenhouse I think I would be
nervous the place would stay too wet. The person would be
a complete novice. Do you think if they did that twice a day
they could survive for a couple of days? Most concerning are
the two leafless species, and wonder if it would be better to
have them boarded. Any ideas?

Crystal ---- who thought it was rough having to figure
arrangements for house rabbits.

--