Old 25-09-2003, 05:42 PM
House of Paisley

Default Going on vacation - crazy?

Actually I am not. I keep thinking of going, but always
find some reason not to travel 3 hours round strip for
the meetings. I am just not that invested. Though it
would be super fun to meet a couple of the people
here that are semi local to me, other than that, the
insane traffic outweighs the fun for me.

Thank you though! At this age it gets harder and
harder to get people to just come stay at the house
rather than just feeding the pets and stuff. How dare
they have busy lives...;-)

Crystal

--
http://home.comcast.net/~xtals/orchid.htm
"Rob Halgren" wrote in message
Another option, if you are truely worried (a pleurothallid grower should
be more worried than a cattleya grower...), is to hit up somebody from
the local orchid society. You are a member of your local orchid
society, aren't you? I'm sure that a member would be more than happy to
come over to your house once or twice and check on the plants. They
might even do it for free, if it isn't too much bother. I would 'tip'
them with a nice plant or two, perhaps something you find on your trip.

More years ago than seems plausable to me (time flies fast), we invited
my brother in law to stay at our Chicago apartment for the two weeks we
were gone on our honeymoon. In exchange for a vacation, he watered the
plants a couple times and kept the cats fed. Worked out well for

everybody.

Rob

House of Paisley wrote:

Okay... I'm nervous witless. My husband and I will be planning
to go to a wedding out of state, and I'll need someone to come
in and kill... er - sit my plants. I think most things will be okay
for a couple of days, but am very worried about my mounts,
which have gotten bigger in numbers. Since I don't have a green
house- only a sunroom I'm thinking of rigging a rack in the
bathroom and just having them come in a steam the room up
for a little while. If I did have a greenhouse I think I would be
nervous the place would stay too wet. The person would be
a complete novice. Do you think if they did that twice a day
they could survive for a couple of days? Most concerning are
the two leafless species, and wonder if it would be better to
have them boarded. Any ideas?

Crystal ---- who thought it was rough having to figure
arrangements for house rabbits.

--