Old 25-09-2003, 07:02 PM
animaux

Default Organic Fire Ant Control that Works

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:45:48 GMT, Elliot Richmond
opined:

This is almost exactly correct (calcium carbonate, limestone, is not
considered an organic compound). However, used in the context of the
website, "organic" would seem to imply that an organic farm (certified
organic by the state department of agriculture) would be able to use
this stuff without losing certification. That is what I was asking and
I did not see the answer on the A&M page. Maybe it is too new to be
classified yet.

Elliot Richmond
Freelance Science Writer and Editor

Good question. I haven't been certified since I left the trade, but I don't
recall ever seeing calcium carbonate or what it would be used for??

Organic compound, meaning not containing carbon?

I can dig out my Texas Certified Pesticides and Fertilizer use lists. I know
they're here somewhere. It may take a few days, but I know I have them from
about 5 years back. There have been changes with all the national attention to
a standards act for national reference. I haven't been following it tightly.

Victoria