Old 25-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Frankhartx

Default OT- Generators

Isabel did a number on me with 4 days loss of power and no water due to
well.
My plans are to wait a week and visit Home Depot and get them to hook me up
(buy generator and installation).
Wonder if anyone has comments? I thought of this ng because last week I
took in my lawnboy for repair and they were swamped with generator and sump
pump repairs. I've heard Honda is reliable and quiet but expensive.
Frank

First do an energy acessment to see just what size generator you need or rather
can get by with. Consider how functions can be interchanged--you do not really
have to have your well pump hooked up all the time-power could be diverted to
the refrigerator while the pump is idle--get a flexible hook up which allows
you to plug in and plug out appliances. Get an extended run generator with a
large tank and keep enough gas on hand to cover several days. Get Stabil
additivefor the gas since it may be stored a long time.