Old 25-09-2003, 10:32 PM
Franz Heymann

Default getting rid of weeds without poisoning my tree

"rgree" wrote in message
s.com...
Hi. Has anyone got any suggestions. I bought an apple tree this spring
and planted it. Unfortunately, there is a large amount of dock leave
weeds around the base. I would like to get rid of them without
posoining my tree. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreceiated

Glyphosate (Roundup) should do it, as long as you keep it off the leaves of
the tree.
But it is a little late in the year to do it. Why not just let the weeds be
and deal with them when they have woken up next season?

Franz