Old 25-09-2003, 10:44 PM
Vox Humana

Default OT- Generators

"Dwight Sipler" wrote in message
Louis Ohland wrote:

Perhaps a monthly or quarterly generator run to confirm it's ststus?

All good comments.

However, waiting a week is not likely to be long enough. Once all the
generators are snapped up in an area it's likely to be a couple of
months before you can find what you want. This should be considered a
long term plan so don't rush into it and just buy the first thing that's
available.

HD in my area is featuring a high end generator that runs on natural gas.
The unit can be set to fire up on a regular schedule and has
self-diagnostics. I think that if I were in an area that had frequent
outages or the potential for a prolonged outage I would consider one of
these. I can't remember a time that we lost natural gas service.