Old 25-09-2003, 11:34 PM
CJ

Default What causes strange damage to Tree Bark

I'm pretty sure it's a P.orientalis, oriental plane..

There are plane trees in almost every village and town in Provence. Lorgues, in particular has a main street (with a fantastic Tuesday market, BTW) which is said to be "one of the longest plane lined avenues in France".

A few weeks ago in Draguigan (Var) my kids made all sorts of things from bits of platanus bark (every bit having wonderful curvy shapes and varied colours) shed by a tree which, knowing the age of the house and planting, would now be at least 120 years old.

Wish we had a couple here! The play of light in the morning on those big leaves outside the bedroom was a wonderful incentive to get out into the bright Mediterranean day........

CJ