Old 26-09-2003, 02:20 AM
Robert Neary

Default Overwintering Hyacinths

We live in Oregon, use Hyacinths in the veggie filter. They don't make it
through the winter so I just compost the dying plants. In the spring I simply
buy one plant for a few dollars... in no time I have an abundence.
Robert
www.nearyonline.com/pond

In article ,
says...

Has anyone tried to overwinter hyacinths? I've read to put them in a shallow
bowl with aquatic planting soil on the bottom and lots of water so that it's

thin mud consistency. I would like to be able to save some of them since they
can be a bit expensive to buy. Any comments appreciated. Thanks in advance

Tina